The mechanism for compiling the vision, mission, goals and objectives of the Faculty of Economics (FE) State University of Malang (UM) is derived from the vision, mission, goals and objectives and strategic planning of UM, and is adjusted to the vision and mission of the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education. Internal parties who are involved in the preparation of the vision, mission, goals and objectives of FE are deans, vice deans, heads of departments, study program coordinators, heads of laboratories, lecturers, student representatives, alumni and educational staff. While external parties Those involved include graduate user agencies, both private and government, UM Alumni Family Association (IKA UM), representatives of professional organizations.
The formulation of the vision, mission, goals, objectives and strategies for the achievement of FE UM is carried out through meetings at the faculty level attended by the Deans, Deputy Deans, Heads of Departments, Study Program Coordinators, Heads of Laboratories, Representative Lecturers of three departments, Head of Administration, Head of Sub Section, student representatives, which is then continued in the form of seminars and workshops involving lecturers, alumni, student representatives and educational staff. After the concept of vision, mission, goals, objectives and achievement strategies are structured, the next step is to review / critique the concept together with external parties.
External parties consist of graduate user agencies both private and government, UM Alumni Family Association (IKA UM), representatives of professional organizations (ISEI, IAI, MGMP teachers, business and industry, all of which have a very strategic role to criticize the vision, mission, goals, objectives and achievement strategies that have been developed by internal parties, especially to synergize with external interests of FE UM graduates.Involvement of external parties in the preparation of the vision, mission, goals and objectives and achievement strategies is needed, because understanding of the competencies desired by the parties external must be in accordance with the competencies that will be instilled by the faculty to students. It is the world of work that understands the skills needed by the company, therefore FE is very concerned about the involvement of external parties to provide input. trend new courses that can be developed, sub-topics related to the latest developments, as well as learning models that can be applied to learning.
Besides that, the development of science and technology which is so fast which is proven to change the aspects of people's life must immediately get a response from the university. The results of criticism from external parties are used as material for the revision of the vision, mission, goals, objectives and achievement strategies in accordance with external interests.
The Faculty of Economics which excels in producing national cadres who are creative, competitive, and concerned about human values, as well as being a reference for the development of economic education and economics.
To achieve the vision that has been set, the Faculty of Economics, UM has the following missions;
1. organizing education and learning in tertiary institutions that are student-centered, using an effective learning approach, and optimizing the use of technology;
2. carry out research and development in education, science, technology, socio-cultural science, economics and business whose findings are beneficial for the development of science and the welfare of society;
3. Organizing community service that is oriented towards community empowerment through the application of educational science, science, technology, social sciences, culture, economy and business;
4. organizing an autonomous, accountable, and transparent governance of higher education that ensures continuous quality improvement.
1. produce graduates who are competent, intelligent, religious, noble, independent, and able to develop professionally;
2. produce superior scientific and creative works and become references in education, science, technology, socio-cultural sciences, and business economics;
3. produce community service work through the application of education, science, technology, socio-cultural science, and economics and business to create an independent, productive, and prosperous society;
4. produce effective and efficient institutional performance to ensure the sustainable growth of the quality of the implementation of the Tridharma of Higher Education.